Pearsall's Tunes

This blog is defunct! Check out my new music blog at Sonicrampage.org.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Get Better Soon, Laura

My sister has been sick recently, and seeing as she is a New York rock queen, here's some mp3's for her benefit (and everyone else's too). I don't buy much rock music these days, so these are all kind of old, but I like them, and hopefully you will as well.

Sonic Youth - Chapel Hill - From their 1992 album Dirty, a melodic one with Thurston Moore sounding whingey. I like it.

Husker Du - Books About UFO's - From the 1985 album New Day Rising, which was Husker Du's big switch from their older hardcore punk styles to a more melodic thing. This is about a girl who reads books about UFO's. And it even has pianos. Fun.

Fugazi - Turnover - Shouty stuff from the Washington DC hardcore legends Fugazi. Off the 1990 album Repeater.

Dinosaur Jr. - Start Choppin' - From the 1993 album Where You Been. Main dude J. Mascis does his strangled cat voice, some pretty riffs , and a monumental guitar solo.

|| RPH || 4:04 AM ||

3 Comments:

Good God, Pearsall! You've just posted the other soundtrack to my early 90s. What a great selection. A little weird too because I was thinking of doing a hey all you downloaders, why don't you leave some comments once in a while post on my blog, and I was going to use Dinosaur Jr's "Out There" and A-Zone's "Calling All the People."
Blogger paul autonomic, at March 26, 2005 2:48 AM  
Haha, I was going to use 'Out There' but chose 'Start Choppin' instead at the last minute.
Blogger RPH, at March 26, 2005 7:45 PM  
J Mascis=the Neil Young of alt rawk
Blogger Robert, at March 31, 2005 4:13 PM  

Add a comment