Pearsall's Tunes

This blog is defunct! Check out my new music blog at Sonicrampage.org.

Friday, March 04, 2005

More Deep Space Adventures


In addition to that Paul Autonomic mix I posted about earlier, another mix that's been rocking my world recently has been a new mix by Paul Rose. It's much deeper, much dubbier, at times wandering off somewhere into a strange weightless space where the only anchor is the constant presence of that heavy dread bass before jerking you back out of your reverie as the music suddenly switches back into heavy stepping mode. Highly recommended.

Paul Rose - Dub n' Breaks Mix (right-click, save as)

01. Even - Oak Forest
02. Dee 1 - ???
03. Distance - Vicious Circles
04. L-Wiz - Habibi
05. Scuba - Timba
06. Slaughter Mob - Fever
07. Mark One - Tomb Raider
08. Search & Destroy - Koan
09. Eric H - The Lights (DJ Joseph remix) (Hotflush)
10. Slaughter Mob - Stopper
11. Distance - Roots (Boka)
12. Detroit Grand Pubahs - Sandwiches (Jive Electro)
13. Synthsis - Slippery
14. Scuba - Homing Device
15. Slaughter Mob - Python
16. Kode 9 & Dadi Gee - Sign o' the Dub (Hyperdub)
17. Toasty - Take it Personal (Hotflush promo)
18. Search & Destroy - Justice
19. Distance - 1 on 1 (Hotflush promo)
20. DJ Quest - Beerguzzla (Breakfasterz remix) (Cyberfunk) (plus Foodchain / Taiwan Ink)
21. Eric H - The Lights (original) (Hotflush)
22. Toasty - Like Sun (Hotflush)

|| RPH || 5:46 AM ||

5 Comments:

cool site.
You might want to check out http://www.radio-freedom.com/
Some of the dj's do some really funky mashups.
xxxx
Blogger An Extraordinary woman in a mediocre life, at March 04, 2005 2:14 PM  
Pearsall: I saw this mix and I was going to make some sort of "and ya don't stop"-type comment about how you're on fire lately. Then I saw the link to my mix and the nice write up. Thanks :) Then I saw that your hard drive really is on fire. Damn! That's terrible. I can still hook you up with whatever you want from my collection on a couple of DVDs. Just let me know. There's also been some cool correspondence coming into Riddim.ca which I'll update you on when you've got time to think about it. Good luck with your computer.
Blogger paul autonomic, at March 05, 2005 1:41 AM  
Extraordinary Woman, thanks, I'll definitely check that out.

Paul, it's gotten worse. Before, I could open the drive and it was only maybe 15-20 gigs worth of files that I couldn't get into. Now, I can't get into the external drive at all! I'm going to see if I can fix it, and if not I'm going to see if I can get a new one (still, it's a total bummer as I'll end up losing something like 180 gigs of files!)
Blogger RPH, at March 05, 2005 4:12 AM  
My god. That's insanely awful. I had a smaller version of the same in the summer, mitigated only by the fact taht I had recently made a DVD backup of my mp3s. Still I lost a lot that I had downloaded in the interim and I've never retrieved a lot of it.

You should see if one of those disk recovery services can do anything for you. This volatility business is the only terrible thing about mp3s and such.
Blogger paul autonomic, at March 05, 2005 2:43 PM  
I'd still love a dvd or two of stuff! Hehe.
Blogger RPH, at March 07, 2005 12:21 AM  

Add a comment